Finally!
After almost 2 months of being blissfully unemployed, I got an official offer for a position with the Washington State Patrol Toxicology Lab. It could not have worked out better for us-the position was posted at the exact time we decided to make the move to Seattle.
Thankfully I was qualified and they were looking to hire quickly. I had a phone interview before the move and went through a polygraph exam after getting to the city. My background check took some time to complete but everything cleared and they called me with an official offer last week.
I started Monday (relieved it wasn't an April Fool's Day joke :) and got settled in to my new job throughout this week. Everyone has been very helpful and I'm loving it so far. The traffic is a bit of a pain and I have about a 30-minute commute, which isn't terrible.
With our house still on the market, getting this job was a huge break for us financially. As a reminder, you can find our house at Reece & Nichols-please forward to anyone looking in the KC area!
Congrats on the job! Great blog!
ReplyDeleteWhen you get a chance, stop over at my blog, I'm holding a giveaway for a Naked 2 palette!
http://vscupcakecouture.blogspot.com/2013/03/giveaway-naked-2-palette.html