April 26, 2013

Five Minute Friday-Friend

I came across the Five Minute Friday blogging idea from a blogger I went to college with and knew through sorority life (http://runningonfaithandsugar.com/).  As I try to keep up-to-date with my blog, and I continually fail to do, I thought this idea was awesome and would encourage more communication on here.  The original idea can be found here at http://lisajobaker.com/five-minute-friday/.

Today's prompt is Friend so here goes...

Growing up in a small town, friends were pretty easy to come by and fairly automatic.  I was in a class with the same ~15 people from preschool to 5th grade.  Middle and high school brought about new friends from the other elementary schools.  I'm so thankful I was able to form a good core group of girlfriends, mixed with preschool classmates and girls I didn't meet until 9th grade-many of which I still am lucky enough to stay in touch with (thanks Facebook!)



College brought another "forced" opportunity to make friends...living with strangers you don't have much choice.  I had the wonderful opportunity to go through sorority recruitment and be a member of Kappa Alpha Theta for 4 years and there I met some of the best women I have known.  While we don't all stay in touch as much, I know once we get together for homecomings or weddings, it's like we haven't missed a day.



Moving to Kansas City I took a chance and joined the Junior League of Kansas City, MO as well as reconnected with Theta in the form of alumnae group.  I grew in skills and made some new and different kinds of friendships.



Now being in Seattle, I'm having to make another choice to create friendships.  While it can be hard at times, in the end its always been worth it.  Wish me luck in my quest to find friends here in the Pacific Northwest!



Man 5 minutes went fast! There's so much more to say and types of friendships I've had but 5 Minute Friday means 5 minutes! : )  We'll see if I can be more concise next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment