January 11, 2013

Kansas City Day

Before heading to the Pacific Northwest, Ben and I wanted to visit some of our favorite spots in Kansas City.

Downtown:

Even though this isn't the 18th and Vine district, it's reminder of the cool stuff 


Looking down one of the streets in Power & Light lies the 
Sprint Center where we watched basketball games and went to concerts.

The newspaper building-all glass and very cool

The downtown library is made to look like a row of classic novels-very cool!

The City Market was a great find-cheap produce at the 
weekend farmers' market and local favorites like Minsky's and Bo Ling's.


Liberty Memorial-the nation's only WWI memorial with one of the greatest views of the city! 

 Like THIS!


Grinder's Crossroads-some of the best nights ever at different shows here in the summers: 
John Butler Trio, The Old 97's, Split Lip Rayfield and more

Good ole Children's Mercy Hospital-from night shift to evening shift to day shift, the 4 years 
I've spent here had some of the best learning experiences and I'm proud to have this on my resume.


Midtown/Wesport:
My first apartment-oh how I WON'T miss Gillham Road! 
Great little place and good times on my own for the first time.


The dog park-Della and I spent every night here the first few months we lived in KC


The Uptown Theater-My Morning Jacket, Brandi Carlile and more in one of the coolest venues around.


McCoy's-the first place Andy took me when I moved here and one of the places I always take visitors


Cupinis! Our first date, several lunches and our rehearsal dinner were all here-best Italian around!


Plaza:
The Shuttlecocks!

The Nelson Atkins Museum

The lane of trees where we had engagement photos taken


Southmoreland Park-down the street from last apartment, Della and I spent many hours down here 
on walks and Ben and I watched Shakespeare in the Park for the last couple of years-
free theater with bring your own food and wine, what more could you ask for?!

Brookside/South KC:
Noah's Ark, Della's vet...why not? :)

JLKCMO

 The Plaza Lights

Gonna miss this!

I'm sure we missed a bunch of places and we'll always think of places we wish we had gone to. Kansas City has truly become a home for us and we'll miss it most definitely.

No comments:

Post a Comment