He proposed Friday night in my apartment. He picked me up at work and we had to go by my place to feed our cats before heading to his house. He asked if I wanted to get a drink somewhere so I was trying to figure out what I wanted to wear and what to pack to stay over at his place.
He opened the door and inside was completely dark with candles lit and placed around the apartment. He had rose petals spread around the floor and our song playing in the background. I had an immediate rush and knew what was about to happen.
Della came up to say hi but the candles were freaking her out. Ben had tied the ring to her collar so while he was taking it off, I was taking in the scene-so crazy how beautiful your messy 700 sq ft apartment can look with just the right touches : )
He got down on one knee, said a few sweet, short and simple words and asked me to marry him. The most life-changing 4 words every girl wants to hear-and of course I said yes! He put the ring on my finger and it was sooo beautiful! He opened a bottle of champagne and we soaked in what had just happened. We couldn't stop smiling and he rehashed all of the prep he had to do to make it happen.
Since I don't get off work until 10 pm Friday nights, it was close to 11 when we finally pulled ourselves together and got ready. We celebrated with drinks and appetizers on the plaza and then finished off our champagne at his house while watching "O Brother Where Art Thou"-we're exciting people haha!
We're so excited to start our lives together and see what life has in store for us.
YEA! I am so excited for you both! You are such a perfect fit for each other! I wish you fun and happiness everyday of your lives!
ReplyDelete