The first place, David's Bridal, felt like a conveyor belt: dress after dress after dress and nothing. Everything was super pretty but just not me. I knew what I was looking for and they didn't have it.
Here's a taste of what I did try on...
Looked weird on...fabrics changed and not flatteringly
Probably the best we found there...a little too bling-y at the top
Super awesome but too much for me
Another gorgeous dress but it felt like I was going to a summer barbecue...too cotton-y
Next we headed to a local salon Bridal Extaordinaire and found some awesome dresses and had an amazing consultant. Beautiful, beautiful dresses and within my price range, but still not what I was thinking. Then I saw THE dress....on another girl. BUT I was under the impression it was out of my price range and not have-able. I think a combo of not finding something I liked all morning and the large margarita we had at lunch ;) I had a slight meltdown...and the tears came a-flowing, whoops!
While waiting for THE dress, our consultant brought a designer, couture dress from a designer who had gone out of business: a $7000 dress for $600! You can't pass that up! I put it on and it was the first time I heard oohs and aahs from my crew (my mom, my sister/MOH, Mary/bridesmaid, Trish/fiance's sister-in-law and Becky/future mother-in-law). BUT it wasn't THE one!
After waiting patiently, I finally got the dress on and knew....I had found it! A huge feeling of relief and happiness came over me-I was so worried I wouldn't be able to tell but it was immediate. After a long day, we were done and I was happy : ) Check that off the list-now onto flowers and invites!




No comments:
Post a Comment